Yay me! I did it!


I'm trying something new today in the spirit of "being me and being okay with that."   Today, I decided to NOT GO to my workout class.   Yeah...I know....newsflash, right?   Well, for me it's a really big deal.  I'm writing this now, as the alarm just went off on my Blackberry to remind me to go, and I know it's a done deal.   I'm officially playing exercise hookie!  (and guess what...the world didn't come to an end, no one showed up at my door to yell at me, and my coffee still tastes really good!)

I decided last night that I needed a mental health day.   I needed a day not to worry about what I HAD to do, and instead am going to do what I WANT to do.   Workout class right now is upsetting to me, as I can't participate completely with the boot, so I decided to take today to get some rest (both mental and physical), to recharge my really drained batteries, get a few things done I feel like I've been neglecting around the house, and maybe to do something I WANTED to do.  

So, I've decided to plant some flowers.   It's not strenuous exercise, it's not even really work, but it makes me feel good, it makes me appreciate the world I live in, and I enjoy doing it.   So, for probably one of the first times ever (and Mandy, I hope you appreciate this! )  I am playing hookie from my workout without any guilt or reservation.   I'm trying this new "balance" thing in my life....we'll see how this goes!  

Comments

  1. Good for you T! You are finding out that pushing yourself and demanding too much of yourself has some negative consequences......it is difficult to find the balance. Here I am getting ready to turn 50 years old in a couple of weeks and I am just beginning to comprehend the balance myself. Planting flowers and nurturing our desire to nurture is a great outlet! I can't wait to plant and nurture some things myself in about a year from now when I am at home for good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hi Dad....

What "After" Looks Like

I’m Headed to Church