A Princess's Day can be ruined by ONE BAD ACCESSORY

Okay, so yeah, I'm gung ho.   Ready for this.  Wanna get started..........

and THIS is what the doctor springs on me today after a visit and x-rays.   Yeah, I knew I had hurt something, but wasn't really expecting to be "booted up" for the next several weeks.  Seems I may have broken something.   All those years when I was a kid and I wanted nothing more than to have a cast on my leg like Kelly Koziell did after her ski trip to Colorado.   I had NO IDEA how annoying the whole thing would be.

This will definitely change my ideas of how to get started.   I have to wonder if this is the universe's way of getting me to really focus on health and my wellbeing instead of racing ahead full steam.

I can use my stationary bike (as long as it doesn't hurt), swim, and Mandy has suggested Yoga.   Rest isn't something I am good at.   I don't like being idle, so this will be a challenge, but perhaps becoming the princess is about more than wearing the tiara and running the race? (although I highly doubt it...)   I think today's lesson is that karma makes you focus on what you NEED to sometimes, rather than what you want to.   Okay, I will accept that, but really, does this boot need to be so blamin' ugly?

Comments

  1. Just think of the awesome tan lines you'll have! :) Hang in there, patience is a virtue, maybe God is trying to tell you something??? Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already sound like you have plenty of wisdom, but if you happen to want more I'm loving the book Kitchen Table Wisdom (Stories that Heal). It shows the gems you discover when things aren't going exactly right. You are well on your way to princesshood, so enjoy the ride (and the crown)! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if you know a costume designer who can spruce up that boot somehow... ;) Learning how to deal with injury seems like a big part of an athletic life. You'll do great, Tina!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hi Dad....

I’m Headed to Church

What "After" Looks Like