From Zero to Princess in Just Under A Year

So, here I am, trying to document a goal that I have made to myself that I can complete the Disney World Princess Half Marathon in March of 2011.   To some this might not seem like a lofty goal, but for me, it's passing my comfort zone and jumping into the great beyond of the unknown.   I am not an athlete (or at least I have never thought of myself as one), up until recently I wasn't active or terribly interested in changing my life.   This for me, is a really big deal.  

I have started and stopped exercise programs so many times, so when I started training with Mandy (a.k.a. the trainer) and a bunch of other ladies at the Liberty Community Center, I didn't know how long I would hang on.   It all started in Sept. of 2009, and here I am in April of 2010 setting this goal for myself.   I had mentioned it once in a class setting, and everyone got really excited about it.   "Yeah, we can do that"  "I'm SO in."   These were the things that were said, but at that moment of saying it out loud, I knew this was something I really wanted to do, and to share with these incredible women.   So, in December, before our break, I made each of them a Princess bracelet.   Nothing fancy, just a few beads with a tiara charm on it, but to me, it was going to serve as a reminder of what I hoped to accomplish.   A little talisman of the dream I had, if you will.  It hangs on my bathroom mirror, and I look at it every day.   

I have recently felt a little hindered in my progress by an injury, and weak in my resolve to continue.   Hence, the development of this blog.   I am a firm believer in accountability.   So, here I am , making myself accountable to all of cyberspace on this one goal.   I have many thoughts on this whole process, but today it begins with me.   I am saying that I CAN do this.   The only thing that can stop me is me, so hang on world.   The ride starts today.   I am officially at t-minus 323 Days to the starting line!


Comments

  1. I am so proud of you Tina. I know you can do this. You are one of the most determined women I know! I love you, sistah!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! I will be following. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. L-O-V-E it! And even if I don't get to go, I'll be there with you training every step of the way:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You absolutely can do this Tina. I'm so happy you started this blog....I love it! And yes, we WILL do that princess marathon together:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hi Dad....

What "After" Looks Like

I’m Headed to Church