Hi Dad....


Hi Dad.

Well, it’s been a year since you left.   That almost seems incomprehensible to me.   That it’s been a year since I heard your voice, or gave you a hug, or listened as you told a really bad joke….   It seems impossible.

It seems impossible that for 365 days I have walked this planet without you to call on.  

I miss you so much.

We’re all a year older, and so many little things have changed.  The kids’ lives have changed, as have their interests.   We’ve travelled some, and already have plans to take mom on some trips next year.   Don’t worry, we aren’t leaving her at home.  We're getting her out.  :)

It’s been a bit of a challenge learning the new normal.   We’ve all moved ahead, and although it seemed impossible a year ago, we had birthdays, and holidays, and dinners.   We added a new baby…..and have ANOTHER coming soon.   And through it all, we laughed, and we cried, but truly the laughter seems to be winning.   

Even though we know you aren’t there, we visit your grave at the cemetery, and although for some, that may be sad, we argue over who gets the plots next to you and mom, and we plan to take lawn chairs and bbq to “ stake our claim.”   Morbid?   Maybe to some, but you know us.... always on the verge of not being appropriate....    I may or may not have pictures of Jamie laying down out there to "try it out..."  haha.

We made mementos for everyone with pieces of your shirts, and as mom and I worked on them, we continually smelled them, because I swear, there was still a memory to be inhaled.  

We try to take good care of mom.    But she’s really doing okay.    I’m sure you hear her curse you every once in a while, but it’s just because she misses you.   Oh, and you sort of had a bonkers filing system…..but we got it. 

Oh, and I’m sorry about the playboys.    But know that the prisoners who sorted the recycling that week, had a REALLY good week.   

As for me, well, I have had to do a little growing too.    I decided I wanted to be healthy and live a long time.   Seeing your life end before you were ready to letgo, inspired me to try to be there as long as I could for MY kids.  I was making choices that weren’t healthy for me, and that had to stop.   So I’m starting this year down 50 pounds and with much healthier habits.  I guess you inspired me to be better.....

You and mom have always been like two pillars holding us all up.   And losing you made it feel like our world was toppling.    But you know what?   A year later, and we are still standing.   We’ve all assumed some new family “duties” but we are all still happy and doing well.

It’s been a year.    And every day I think of you.    Every day I talk to you.    Every day I wish you were still here.

I hope you hear me when I talk to you.   And thanks for the messages I truly believe you have sent.

I miss you Dad.    Always.

Love you.

Tina

Comments

  1. Nice Post Dear! i like your article, thanks for sharing the information. Awesome images and content flow, i am also an content writer, write interesting and amazing articles
    Best Wedding photographer in jaipur
    Web development company in jaipur
    call girls in jaipur

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you 야설

    Also feel free to visit may web page check this link 한국야동

    ReplyDelete
  3. สล็อต ทดลอง เล่น ฟรี เล่นสล็อตก่อนลงเดิมพัน สำคัญต้อง ลองเล่นเกมส์สล็อต การทดลองเล่นเกม สล็อต เพื่อเป็นตัวช่วยให้เราทดลองเล่นเกมฟรี เกมใหม่ทุกค่าย ต้องเว็บ สล็อต

    ReplyDelete
  4. slot xo สำหรับผู้ใดกันที่กำลังมองหาเว็บไซต์รวมสล็อต pgslot ที่ดีเยี่ยมที่สุดศูนย์รวมค่ายเกมชั้นหนึ่งก็เกม slotxo เยอะเอามาไว้ภายในเว็บไซต์แห่งนี้บริการระบบฝาก-ถอนแบบออโต้

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I’m Headed to Church

What "After" Looks Like