I am What I am....That's all, and That's OK!




Sometimes I try so hard to be something else.   Something better, thinner, happier, more positive, more successful, you name it.   I try so hard to change.   It's almost as if I fight until I have little left for anything else.

I am sitting up on a Sunday night, planning my week.   What do I have to do?  What are my goals.   What do I want to accomplish this week.   It seems like I always look at it as "this week I will do better at....."  fill in the blank.   Why do I have to "get better," and why do I always feel this compulsion to fix something about myself.

I wonder what will happen if I set up this coming week as a new experiment for myself.   I'm going to try to just say..."This week, I am what I am.   That's all, and that's okay."  I'm going to try to live my life on autopilot for at least this week.   To back off of the pressure to "do better" and to try to just experience life with the changes I've already made.  

I've been feeling an intense pressure to just white knuckle through to the next level, and I'm not sure I'm ready to do that.   I'm feeling a little tired, and a bit of a need to re-charge the batteries.   This week, I'm not going to try to be better, I'm just going to try to BE, and to be okay with that.

Comments

  1. YES!!!!!
    We have this in common. I always want to be better. But I keep coming back to the truth that I just need to be where I am. We all already are everything we need. All we have to do to live our truth in the moment is to let go of all the thinking that tells us we aren't enough.

    Love to you, dear Princess.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being 'where you are' is probably the best spiritual thing you can do for yourself. I am so glad you are seeing this important potential in yourself. Nurture it. It is good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hi Dad....

What "After" Looks Like

I’m Headed to Church