2010...The year of the Foot!


All I can really do is laugh....although I did cry a little.

This morning in my rush to get the kids out the door so I could prepare for our visitors this weekend, I ran through my bedroom to get to the bathroom, bashed my foot into the suitcase my husband left on the floor last night when he got home, and snapped my pinky toe.    I heard the snap, I knew immediately.     Broken.

So...Jason took me to urgent care for x-rays, and sure enough...the report given was...."you broke it, really good.  Snapped it.   It's not a small break"   Nice.   I held it together until the doctor left the room, and then burst into tears.  

REALLY?   SERIOUSLY?    6-8 WEEKS?   It seems like I was just getting my momentum back and bam.   Now I'm on crutches, and not able to train like I want to for at least 6-8 weeks until this heals and I might need to have it pinned back into place.   (Oh yeah...and it's the same foot I have the coalition in so I have to be extra careful not to cause reinjury to that again!)

I know it's not serious.   I know I'll be fine.   It's not the end of the world.  But man...do you ever feel like the universe is out to screw with your plans?   It feels like there is some unknown negative entity out there that it trying to put the brakes on things for me no matter how hard I try.   One step forward....two back.

I guess this will be a good test of my determination.   I made it through 14 weeks in a boot for the other problem, and continued to move ahead, so I can make it through this.    It's hard not to get frustrated, and it's hard to always put on the positive face when what I really want to do is pout, piss, and moan.   That, however, isn't going to get me anywhere.   I'll give myself a little time to be mad/sad/upset/pissed, and then I'm gonna put it behind me and do what I need to do to get better.   Use my crutches, wear my boot (OMG I am SO bejeweling it this time!), and take the time to heal.

So....2010 will officially be labeled the "Year of the Foot" at my house.   I will have spent approx. 20 weeks of this year nursing wounds to my right foot, yes,   BUT...I will have also spent approx. 20 weeks tending to myself, doing what I have to to be healthy, and continuing forward momentum through circumstances beyond my control.  Okay universe......instead of cursing it......I lift a toast to the "Year of the Foot" and I will come away from it stronger than ever!  (and if it takes more than one toast to get there, I'll just keep drinking! ha!  I'M KIDDING!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi Dad....

I’m Headed to Church

What "After" Looks Like