Why haven't I made THIS piece of the puzzle fit?


Tonight I am thinking of my daughter.   My beautiful, sweet, loving, DRAMATIC daughter who wants nothing more than to be liked.   Almost to a fault.

She's been having trouble with a neighbor friend.   They have been the best of buds for the past three years, but this summer, something is different.   There are hurtful words and actions, and Claire has shed many tears over this.   I, as her mother, am also struggling.   I want for my children to feel no pain, to be treated with love and respect, and to walk through life suffering as little as possible, so I am having a hard time understanding why we, and I mean GIRLS especially, can turn on one another so quickly.   It seems that we as women learn at such an early age that we have to become what others want us to be to be accepted.  We have to conform to the standards that OTHERS put on us to be accepted, rather than living by what our heart and head tell us is right.

I know that I face this challenge daily.   I want so badly to feel like I "fit" somewhere.   Like I am worthy of love, acceptance, and happiness.   What I am trying to understand is why I think that OTHERS have to like me to have all of these positive things in my life.  We always seek out approval from our friends, family, spouse, etc., when I think what we really need is to discover approval within ourselves to find where we truly belong.  Where we "fit."

I am going to really work on this so that I can lead my daughter by example and love MYSELF regardless of others.  I don't need outside approval to be happy, I need peace in my heart knowing that I am being the best person I can be.  I believe if I can find it within myself to do this, I will naturally end up in the place I am supposed to be with those who love me by my side.

Comments

  1. You tell it sister... I am by your side forever and ever. Love you Tina!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hi Dad....

What "After" Looks Like

I’m Headed to Church