90 Days and the Jury is still out.

 
90 days.   Tomorrow it will have been 90 days in the boot.   That is 3 months.   Too long.    Most things have a 90 day money back guarantee.   I'm not happy.   I want my money back.

What have I learned in those 90 days?  

1.   I have learned that wearing a boot is uncomfortable and hot.

2.   I have learned that I can continue to exercise even without the use of          my foot.

3.  I have learned that strangers feel compelled to ask you what happened and then share their own tales of woe.

4.  I have learned that things don't always go my way.

5.  Finally, I have learned that if you think you know better than your doctor, you are probably wrong.

I'm not sure what this means, but I feel like to keep true to my blog, I need to write it.   I have 2 more weeks with the boot before another checkup.    Then we decide if surgery is necessary.   My vote is no.   I am finding that my vote doesn't count often enough when it comes to this.  Unfortunately there is no customer relations department  or higher court to take this to.   I just have to deal.

This may compromise my goals for this coming year.   I'm trying to keep open to the idea that I might have to adjust my timeline, and not see that as a failure.    I'll keep you posted.  I was hoping to become a princess at 40.   Maybe I'll have to wait til 41.   We'll see.  

Comments

  1. Hugs Tina! I'm so sorry about how prolonged this injury and boot wearing has been! I know I'd be struggling with it big time.

    I think the big picture is about surrender, and let me tell you, we're in a similar place. Inf act, surrender is big in the cosmos for so many lately. To do it, we have to trust we are already a part of something wonderful, and that we are already taken care of, no matter where we are on our journey.

    I guess what it always comes down to is asking ourselves what feelings and beliefs do we have to face and release to make trusting possible so that we can let go?

    And I know I've told you before, but really, you already are a princess. The way I see it, this journey to your fitness goal is just helping you to see it.

    Continued love and blessings to you, my friend. I'm holding you in prayers for healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok..my question is this...why can't you be a princess at 40 even if you can't run the race? Look at what you have done in the past year with your health? Look at what your body has done and how it has changed... C'mon..being a princess doesn't have to involve Disney World. I am and have been your big sister for 40 years...or almost... I know princess when I see one and believe me, dear sister...you are more than that to me. Love you fierce!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hi Dad....

I’m Headed to Church

What "After" Looks Like