Time IS on my side.


Today is Claire's birthday.   She's 8.   EIGHT!   Where does the time go?   It really seems like just yesterday that she was that pudgy happy little baby.    Sometimes I wish I could just put the brakes on the clock and hold each moment a little closer for a little longer.

Funny I should be thinking this today.   It seems I'm always in a rush.   Gotta get this done, gotta do that.   Get to that finish line.....quick quick quick.   I'm afraid that mentality has gotten me into trouble once again.   I was released by my dr. to exercise at will when I saw him last week.   Take it easy....ease into it....that's what he said to me.    I did.   I "eased" (and I use that word loosely)  over the course of a week into 3+ miles, and today I can't walk.   Yup....rushing got me nowhere but back on restriction.  

I need to slow down.   I need to listen.   I need to stop trying to hurry all the time.   I need to enjoy the moments in my life that are precious and  experience what's right in front of me instead of looking down the road for what's coming.   I need to start running my time, instead of letting it run me.

It's frustrating.   I want to work hard, to achieve my goal.   However, I have to take the time to experience the process....and I'm finding that this injury is part of the process.  The Princess Half is the goal, but it's still a long way out.   I have to heal.

It seems that time is passing so quickly, almost in the blink of an eye.   My babies aren't small anymore, and soon they won't think I'm so cool as they do now.   I can already see it coming.   I need to enjoy this time, savor it.    Before I know it, I'll be looking back and wishing I had it back.  

I am officially slowing down the hands on my own personal goal clock.   I have plenty of time.   I am going to start try to experience this journey more, and in doing so, I am sure that tiara at the end of that 13.3 mile race will be all that much more shiny because of it.  

And for my Claire....she's the greatest girl on the face of this planet.   The past eight years have been some of the best of my life, and I intend to enjoy every minute I have with her.   (yeah...even when she's sassy!!)

Comments

  1. After the past week in my life, I agree. Life is too short to hurry it along. I miss my kids and ...they are adults and it is hard to have them all together, not because we don't want it, but because life happens. So, yeah, little sister...slow down and enjoy..the days fly by faster than we realize! Love ya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hi Dad....

What "After" Looks Like

I’m Headed to Church