Lucky me


This has been a good week.   Lots of forward momentum.   Lots of feeling blessed, happy, peaceful, and lucky.

I am out of the boot (mostly) and it FEELS GREAT!   I went on my first bike ride outside of my basement today, and they might have been the greatest 8 miles of my life.   It felt so good to be out enjoying the gorgeous day and feeling that I hadn't lost all the strength in my legs.   In fact....I think I did better from all that stationary biking I'd been doing for the past 4 weeks!

I have also spent some time over the past several days being thankful for my life.   See, I had a friend lose her daughter this past week.   It made me terribly sad.   This girl had mitochondrial disease, the same disease that Andy has, only much much much more severe.  As my heart broke for her family, my heart also sang with joy that my son was so healthy and happy.   I'm lucky.   I have a good life.   I'm not gonna waste it.

It gives perspective to really realize how lucky you are, and that no bad dream, irritation, or BOOT can take that away from you.  I get irritated over silly little things and think the world is falling apart because of them, and then this tragic event happens to my friend and her family, and I re-think my life.   Nothing is more important to me than my family.  Nothing.   I am lucky to have them, and I want to be healthier to celebrate not only my accomplishment of crowning my inner princess, but to live a longer and healthier life with them as long as I can.  

My family is healthy, I am healthy, and I am going to make the most of the life that I have.   I'm lucky.

Comments

  1. Well, you are way ahead of me, Kid. I figured this out about 2 years ago at 48 years old. Tomorrow I turn 50. The last 2 years of my life have been exceptional!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hi Dad....

I’m Headed to Church

What "After" Looks Like