What if....a NEW New Year's Resolution.



What if the only resolution you make is to love yourself more.....

It's that time of year again.    Diet plan commercials are overtaking the television.   People all over are talking about how THIS year is going to be THE year where it will all come together.  Weight will be lost, better food will be eaten, major, life altering changes will be made.   Really.    THIS year, it WILL happen.

I quit making resolutions many years ago.   I found that they quickly became something else that I was able to "fail" at.   I rarely followed through on what it was that I was trying to accomplish.     And one year I realized that every year I was making the exact same resolutions......so I decided to stop trying to change at the beginning of each new year, and instead tried to do my best throughout the year so that I could look back each New Year's Eve without regret.  

But when I saw this posted on a friends Facebook page, I loved it.   THIS is a resolution I can get behind.   

Here it is again in case you missed it......What if the only resolution you make is to love yourself more.....

What if instead of losing 20 pounds, giving up sugar, exercising 5 times a week, taking up kickboxing, eating clean, becoming a vegetarian, learning to salsa, doing an iron man,( you see where I am going here?) we simply made a commitment to love ourselves more?   What do you think might happen??

I am going to try, and I have great hope for success.   I wonder if in loving myself more I will be able to find the time for self care that includes so many of those things I wish for.   Maybe accepting myself a little bit more will lead to the best year ever.   What a neat thing to try, and very little chance of failure here.   I like it!!  

One last time....just to make it clear.....What if the only resolution you make is to love yourself more....

This is my resolution for 2013.    Think about joining me on this one.  

Happy New Year.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi Dad....

What "After" Looks Like

I’m Headed to Church