Thoughts from the starting line...


This one step - choosing a goal and sticking to it - changes everything.
             -Scott Reed-
I am 5 days from the race.   Five days from accomplishing this goal.   I’m proud of myself for keeping my focus, for overcoming injury, and for giving myself enough credit to do this.  Five days from taking the first step across the starting line.
I’m scared.   Nervous.   Anxious.   Excited.   All of these things.    
I’m not sure if nerves are something I will overcome in these sorts of scenarios, it may just not be in my nature.   I feel a little nauseas a lot of the time when I think about it.  But I do know one thing....I am different.  
I still wish when I looked in the mirror that I could just be happy with what I see.   I wish I could be better at forgiving myself.   I wish that I could judge myself by the same standards I use for others.   (I am realizing I’m often easier on others...)  Preparing for this race didn’t change some of the things I thought it would, but it has proven many other things to me.
I am focused.   I am persistent.   I am strong.   I can work through tough circumstances to get where I want to be.   I am a priority.   I will always be a work in progress and I will always be valuable enough to keep working on. 
So...with these somewhat disjointed thoughts, I will prepare to go become a princess.  I am only a few steps from the starting line and I’ll see you when the tiara is mine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi Dad....

I’m Headed to Church

What "After" Looks Like